Tourist Destinations in the Town

Medieval Underground Structures

Underground tunnels are situated northeast of St. Wenceslas´ Church. The total length of the underground tunnels including blind alleys is almost 200m.

The Chateau

In 2013, the chateau changed owners and the main task was to save the monuments in order to open the chateau to public in the shortest time as possible. The aim was achieved in June 2014.

Museum Of Region Světelsko

Museum has been situated in the east part of the castle since 2007. The exhibition documents history of the town and its surrounding and introduces important people who spent part of their lives or were born there.

Chateau Park

Chateau park was probably founded in times of extensive building and reconstructing work in 1871 by Count František Josef Salm-Reifferscheidt.

St. Wenceslas´ Church

The first written record of the church appears in a document by Abbot Jaroslav II. of Vilémov dated 13th of July 1318. At those time it was only a single-nave deanery in a shape of a cross fenced by a high wall surrounding also nearby cemetery.

Town Hall

The original building from the end of the 18th and the beginning of the 19th century with annexes from 1926 and 2002 is the seat of the Municipal Office with expended competence for the areas of Světlá nad Sázavou and Ledeč nad Sázavou.

Former Hospital (House nr. 101)

Original hospital building at the bridge across Sázava river was built during the reign of Burian Trčka of Lípa in 1578 and was suggested at the first for five, later for eight patients – poor citizens.

Jewish Cemetery

Old Jewish cemetery was located in a suburb Malá strana on the left bank of river Sázava near road to Lipnička.

Field trip into glassworks

CRYSTALITE BOHEMIA s.r.o., Světlá nad Sázavou